Wednesday 19 August 2009

Intro

Ok guys, first day posting actual content on this blog.
To start off, a few answers for a couple of non-asked questions:

Who am I?

I'm a web developer living in London who got tired of writing software for the web world and feel excited by the prospect of jumping into a more research-related area of computing, namely, Image processing. As such, decided to jump on C++, a decent fast and general-purpose language. I studied Computer Science for 3 years some time ago in a far away country and I have been kind of missing all that lately. Being out of touch with that for a few years, I hope that with a bit of luck and hard work I can turn my life round and follow the direction I should never steered away from.

Who is this blog targeted to?

Well, anyone who is interested in programming in general, C++ language in particular. I would say that it would probably suit beginners, those who like me are shifting from another language to C++ or anyone interested in reading a bit about programming. If you don't actually fit in one of the stereotypes above, don't worry, everyone is welcome. So feel fee to contribute by using the comments section!

What am I going to be posting here?

Anything related to programming, really. The aim is focus on general programming, with no language in particular, although I must say I will be emphasizing C++ at first. I also can't promise I will keep the blog free from the that odd post about something else, but will do my best to keep it focused.

Aims

I would be more than happy if I could help people like me, who are also learning C++ and have encountered problems along the way. I will try to help solving basic problems that affect most people who are still beginning in C++ and perhaps the more intermediate ones.

I hope this blog helps the folks out there who are working hard to become good C++ programmers one day. As the old cliche goes, every journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step. Here is my first one.

That's all for today folks.

Roger

No comments: